VALUATION 50 AND VALUATION DIVIDEND
Leverage Applied Finance world class research to:
- Stand out as an advisor and attract new clients
- Enhance interactions and communication with existing clients
- Gain a deeper understanding and insight into the Applied Finance portfolio construction process
June 19th Arrival
• Cocktails at 7:30 PM for anyone arriving on the 19th.
June 20th AGENDA
• 8:00 am – 9:00 am: Breakfast
• 9:15 am – 10:00 am: Valuation Driven Investing – Rafael Resendes, Co-Founder
Rafael discusses the Applied Finance Valuation Driven Investing process and how it has consistently explained market results over time and overcomes the problems inherent to EPS and P/E approaches.
• 10:15 am – 11:00 am: Why Most Active Managers Fail – Dhaval Sanghavi, CFA Sr Fundamental Analyst and Partner
Its accepted that most active managers fail to add value. Dhaval reviews how common accounting disclosures and market volatility are culprits for this behavior and how Applied Finance overcomes these problems with its Valuation Driven Investment process.
• 11:15 am – 12:00 pm: Valuation 50 and Dividend Stock Selection – Jun Wang, CFA Sr Fundamental Analyst and Partner
Jun provides an in-depth look at the “ how and why” stocks are added or sold from the Valuation 50 and Dividend strategies. In addition, she will answer questions about existing holdings or other thoughts about the portfolio.
• 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm: Lunch
• 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm: Applied Finance Database Analytical Advantages John Holt, CFA Quantitative Analyst and Partner
John will discuss the desired characteristics of a quantitative database, such as: How to identify companies that will outperform a broader universe of stocks over a long-term time horizon, improve consistency and be actionable. Additionally, John explores global areas of opportunity for metric-driven portfolios and how quantitative strategies can benefit advisors.
• 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm: Engaging your clients and prospects – Chris Austin & Saul Marquez, Consultants and Partners
Discussion on best practices to present the Applied Finance Valuation Driven Investment concepts to stand out from “box ticking” advisors to enhance existing client interactions, and to create client oriented acquisition presentations that are unique and position your firm as thought leaders in their area.
• 3:15 pm – 4:30 Cocktails
• 5:30 pm – 7:30 Dinner